Between the time you spend playing Clash of Clans™ and Cut the Rope™ on your smartphone, you can also use some apps that help you save money in your checking account.
There are apps for anything these days, from bubble levels for hanging a shelf to apps that project noises and phrases from the Star Wars™ films. With all the useful - and at times pointless - apps on the iPhone®, Android™, and Windows Phone™ markets, why shouldn't you download a few financial apps to help you save money while you shop for groceries, clothes and anything else?
Here are six of the top apps for bringing out your inner penny pincher:
- Landmark Bank Mobile Banking: Do you want account alerts, balance updates and the ability to transfer money on the go? If so, download our free app that is available on Android, and iPhone. You can also view your transactions to keep an eye on where you're spending money.
- RetailMeNot™: Do you like coupons but don't enjoy clipping them for hours? Download RetailMeNot, a free iPhone and Android app, to get offers for major retailers sent straight to your phone.
- ShopSavvy™: Comparison shopping is the most effective way to ensure you're getting the best deal on clothes and electronics, but it takes time and effort. Make this task easier with ShopSavvy, a free app that lets you scan QR codes and barcodes and pulls up prices from various retailers, both online and in the store. This app is available for iPhone, Android and Windows Phone.
- RedLaser™: This is another comparison-shopping app, and it allows you to scan barcodes. You can purchase items directly through RedLaser, which is free and can be used on Android, Windows Phone and iPhone.
- GasBuddy™: Comparing toaster prices is nothing compared to the challenge of finding a gas station that has the cheapest price at the pump. With GasBuddy, a free app that can be downloaded on all four major smartphone platforms, you can get a detailed map of gas prices in your area, as well as directions to the most affordable location.
- Checkout51™: This free Android and iPhone app gives you money for buying groceries. After you visit the store, snap a picture of the receipt to get anywhere from a few cents to a few dollars back on certain items. You get a check each time you accrue $20.
For more information about smart ways to manage your finances, contact Landmark Bank.
Back to Blog